Sunday, May 10, 2009

Night to Morning










I am on the verge of what could be a very stressful and intense week. I honestly cant remember a week with this much happening that I have so little control over or that could change so much. So I decided as a man standing on a cliff that will crumble around him even if he decides he doesn't want to jump that I would spend some time with Jesus. 

Its 9 pm in May and Im not in Alaska so it was dark. . . as I was walking I realized there are a ton of things that happen everyday over which I have no control, including the sunrise. If God should so choose that the sun not rise tomorrow I could only respond. I could choose to go crazy, I could choose to act like  nothing happened, or I could seek out how God would want me to respond in light of not having a morning. 

If things go badly this week I am effectively left with my response. In the same way I could go crazy, I could pretend like nothing is going on, or I could seek God and search for his will on my response to the situation. In the case of this week everyday will bring a new challenge and each day I have a desire of how I would like to see them play out. I think it is for these moments that Jesus offered this advice. 

In Matthew 6 Jesus says pray like this 

"Our Father in heaven, 
   Reveal who you are. 
   Set the world right; 
   Do what's best— as above, so below. 
   Keep us alive with three square meals. 
   Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others. 
   Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil. 
   You're in charge! 
   You can do anything you want! 
   You're ablaze in beauty! 
      Yes. Yes. Yes." -The Message 

My challenge this week accept the passage that reads "Do what's best- As above, so below" and respond rightly to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment