Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Busy?

Aren't we all?

Questions: 

  • Why is it that we hide under the excuse of busyness?
  • Why is it that everyone thinks they are busyier than the rest?
  • Isn't that list of to-do's endless? 
  • Ever realize that we are often too busy for God? yikes.

It’s time to grow up, take responsibility and prioritize people, stop hiding behind our excuses. 

I think it's incredibly possible that we are just being lazy through our busyness. Crazy concept, I love to-do lists. I feel like I've accomplished something once I can check it all off, but then the next day, I already have a new list or maybe even later on that night I start making my list for the next day! So where is the lazy part of this if I accomplished everything on my list? There's a good chance I'm not including community or church. Not that it should be part of a to-do list, but I think it's too easy to push these things secondary to our busyness of "to-do's'".

I think busyness is something we all struggle with especially today. I feel like we pride ourselves on our busyness, like it makes us important. I also think it's important to not let our busyness take control. Prioritize & Pray about it. 

My key points to this rambling....

  • Excuses - People aren’t stupid, excuses are cellophane, transparent, you can see right through them.
  • Busyness - These are often times when God gets pushed aside. Would you tell God you were too busy for Him due to your school, work, tv schedule, or parties?
  • You make time for the things that are important to you. 

Luke 10:38-42 (NLT)
 38 As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. 39 Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. 40 But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.”

 41 But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! 42 There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”

John 17:4 (NLT)

 4 I brought glory to you here on earth by completing the work you gave me to do.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. It's good to think about and address head on.

    ReplyDelete